I’m just gonna do the lazy thing and copy and paste the Boss’ page directly from DARK MOON:
Dark Moon Digest Artwork Submissions
Dark Moon Digest Is looking for black and white artwork to use on interior pages of future issues of our quarterly horror publication.
If you are submitting color artwork for a future cover of Dark Moon Digest, please visit this page.
Submission is open to all artists: professional, semi-professional or amateur.
All artwork submitted and must be an original work of art. Artwork for our interior pages must be black and white (pen and ink, etc.) or grayscale. Black and white is preferred as it reproduces better on interior pages.
Here are the rest of the rules:
DEADLINE: No deadline is involved. Artwork will be considered for future issues of the publication as they are submitted.
Artists whose work is chosen for interior pages of Dark Moon Digest (or accompanying anthologies) will receive a copy of the issue of Dark Moon Digest in which their artwork appears along with a credit line and a short biography (maximum 100 words) in which to promote yourself or your artwork. You will also be awarded a free quarter page advertisement for your artwork in the same issue of Dark Moon Digest in which your work appears.
- All artwork must be submitted by the artist holding the copyright. (If your artwork is not copyrighted, don’t worry. Copyright laws protect your work from the moment you createdit. Check here for more information on copyrights.)
- Your artwork must be previously unpublished in print format. Your artwork cannot be available in any format online except on your own personal website.
- By submitting your artwork to Dark Moon Digest, you are assigning Dark Moon Books First North American Serial Rights and the permission to possibly publish the work in our annual anthology. (Dark Moon Books plans to publish a yearly anthology which will contain the best stories published in Dark Moon Digest. You keep all other rights including the original copyright. Artwork published in either the magazine or the anthology will carry notices which stipulate the copyright resides with the artist and full credit will be given to the artist.
- All artwork should be submitted in GIF format at 600 dpi. The original artwork is not requested.
- You may withdraw your artwork from consideration at any point, but this request must be made in writing (e-mail acceptable).
- Entrants selected for publication will be contacted prior to publication with further instructions.
- HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Submit all entries via e-mail to HorrorQuarterly@gmail.com as an attachment in GIF format. Please use “DMD Interior Artwork” in your subject line.
- Be sure to include your name, address and phone number in your e-mail.
Questions? Send them to HorrorQuarterly@gmail.com
DO IT! DO IT NOW!